[Fwd: Re: Gigabit Switch]

Rafael David Tinoco Rafael.Tinoco at sun.com
Tue Nov 11 11:39:51 EST 2003

hello keyan,

We've made a 16 node cluster in a project and we've used
2 gigabit NIC with linux BONDING (to balance) for each node.

There is no big changes at all in bandwidth because
our cluster is not exchanging to
much network information.

To have 2 NIC in each node i think your application would have to
exchange TOO MUCH information between the nodes, and when i say
TOO MUCH .. i really mean it!! hehe

Our cluster was:
16 hosts V60 SUN
with dual XEON 2.8 - 1G RAM
and 2 SCSI DRIVES

about the managed switchs, i dont think there is any difference.
but im not completly sure.

regards

rafael david tinoco
sun professional services - brazil