Gigabit Switch

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Nov 11 10:05:10 EST 2003

One key element to look at is fabric speed.  If the backplane can't keep
up to wire-speeds, you're going to suffer some slowdown and latencies
associated with the network.  Whether that's a problem in your
installation, or not, we can't tell from this range.  However, if
there's sufficient money I'd be buying the most capable switch I could
from a backplane and port sustainability point as I could.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173