Compiling HPL

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Mon Nov 10 14:34:23 EST 2003

Mathias Brito wrote:

> I trying to compile the HPL, it starts the process and
> stop with the following message:

<snip>
> /opt/mpich/lib/libmpich.a(comm_split.o)(.text+0x138):
> In function `MPI_Comm_split':
> : undefined reference to `PMPI_Allreduce'
<snip>

> I think the problem is with the mpi.
>
> Well I change the makefile with the
> Make.Linux_ATHLON_FBLAS with the necessary
> modifications. Did I forget something?

Mathias,

You might want to check to see if you are mixing
LAM and MPICH with "rpm -qf `which mpicc`"
(note the backticks) on an rpm based distro.

If it is an MPICH problem then you will get the best
help from mpi-maint at mcs.anl.gov and you will have
to provide them with more information.  Read their
FAQ to find out what they expect from you in order
to provide support.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/docs/faq.htm

Make sure you tell them what version of mpich you
have installed and whether or not you built it
yourself.

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker, Associate Engineer