Tyan S2880 (K8S) /S2885 (K8W) Opteron boards under Linux

Alan Scheinine scheinin at crs4.it
Mon Nov 10 03:53:52 EST 2003

Glen Kaukola gave me a more precise explanation of the downgrade the
resulted in a stable O/S for Tyen S2880.  He wrote:
"I downgraded from 2.01 to 1.07." and mentioned the URL
That page describe 1.07 as the first BIOS and 2.01 as the second, the
latter release  20 august 2003.  Curiously the AMD page for
recommended motherboards
describes the second release as 19 august 2003, version PON but then
describes a newer version "TOY" version 2.01p with date 8 october 2004.
Where I live, the only readily available board for Opteron is from Tyan,
so I hope we collectively shed more light on the situation.
best regards,
Alan Scheinine
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org