Tyan S2880 (K8S) /S2885 (K8W) Opteron boards under Linux

Alan Scheinine scheinin at crs4.it
Mon Nov 10 03:53:52 EST 2003

Glen Kaukola gave me a more precise explanation of the downgrade the
resulted in a stable O/S for Tyen S2880.  He wrote:
"I downgraded from 2.01 to 1.07." and mentioned the URL
http://www.tyan.com/support/html/b_s2880.html
That page describe 1.07 as the first BIOS and 2.01 as the second, the
latter release  20 august 2003.  Curiously the AMD page for
recommended motherboards
http://www.amd.com/us-en/recmobo/ResultsHandler/1,,30_2252_869_8819%5E8821~68707,00.html
describes the second release as 19 august 2003, version PON but then
describes a newer version "TOY" version 2.01p with date 8 october 2004.
Where I live, the only readily available board for Opteron is from Tyan,
so I hope we collectively shed more light on the situation.
best regards,
Alan Scheinine