Linux vs FreeBSD clusters

Jan Schaumann jschauma at
Sat Nov 8 12:17:08 EST 2003

Mark Hahn <hahn at> wrote:
> > I believe that NetBSD, even though is a very, very clean and clear OS
> > with high-quality code, is much neglected.  It deserves more attention
> > and is perfectly suitable for the task at end.
> there's lots of good stuff out there; I notice you didn't state that
> *BSD is actually cleaner/clearer/higher-quality than Linux though.

I'm not familiar enough with the Linux code to warrant such a statement.
I do know people who are and who would argue that such a statement has a

But this should probably be discussed off-list, if at all.

> > > is there a tangible, measurable benefit?
> >
> > Well, the same as mentioned in the FreeBSD paper, for example.  If all
> what paper is that?

The one posted here.

> and precisely what I'm looking for is any reason to go BSD for the
> majority who already have Linux.

That's probably pretty much the same question posed before Linux was the
new bandwagon to jump.

Wenn ich tot bin, mir soll mal Einer mit Auferstehung oder so
kommen, ich hau ihm eine rein! (Anonym)