OctigaBay 12K

Robert Myers rmyers1400 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 11:16:56 EST 2003

Robert G. Brown wrote:

>However, there are people out there who run fine grained synchronous
>parallel code that is bottlenecked at the network IPC level.  Even THERE
>the computations have some intrinsic "value" in that there are finite
>amounts of money people are willing to pay to get them done, and there
>are choices.
As a reader of one of my undergraduate essays commented, that's the kind
of knowing comment that Henry James might have written in a letter to
his brother William. You may have the status of Henry James in this
particular field (my grading professor plainly did not think that I did
in the field on which I was holding forth) and therefore be entitled to
such remarks with no defense, but could you perhaps elaborate in light of

particularly slide 25 et. seq.?