Tyan 2880 and 2885

Mike Sullivan mike.sullivan at alltec.com
Thu Nov 6 13:39:51 EST 2003

>Could anyone please share experiences with these
>boards under linux? Is it still a risky proposition at
>this time?

I have used the 2880 under RedHat AS 2.1 and gingin64 and
it works fine execpt for the SATA controller. I did not
get the promise chip to work but did not spend a lot
of time on it. The GigE interface works. The board
was stable and I have been using them in NAS devices
with 3ware cards. The SMDC option for these units
works fairly well with the most recent console and
you can get sensor data.

> It seem like there are drivers for AMD-8111/8131/8151
>chipset on the AMD page, drivers for the Broadcom
>network chip in other places. Any feedback on SATA
>support for the Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA RAID
>Accelerator and on SATA support in general? Any other
>caveats?

I also have both a 2882 and 2885 that I will be testing
early next week with Suse Linux 9 for AMD64 and would
will post my findings.

 Thanks in advance for any help!

 Konstantin

--
Mike Sullivan                           Director Performance Computing
@lliance Technologies,                  Voice: (416) 385-3255 x 228,