Petabits/sec, and the like

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Wed Nov 5 16:41:49 EST 2003

For those interested in long distance optical transmission of research
data, Bill St. Arnaud of CANARIE/CAnet4 posts many interesting things to
the CANET-NEWS list:

http://morris.canarie.ca/MLISTS/news2003/index.html

Quoting from a post to the list:
"Another example is the Canadian Virtual Observatory that will require to
transfer data files and stream instrumentation data of over half a terabyte
a day (!!) from facilities to Hawaii, France and UK
<http://www.risq.qc.ca/risq2003-canw2003/en/conferenciers/_sgaudet.html>http://www.risq.qc.ca/risq2003-canw2003/en/conferenciers/_sgaudet.html
"