Turn on nodes through the network

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Nov 3 10:28:44 EST 2003

Le lun 03/11/2003 à 12:51, Mathias Brito a écrit :
> I finish my cluster beowulf, and first of all, I wold
> like to thanks everybody that help me through this
> mailing list, now I`m sure that I`ll have a lot of
> other problems in this new phase. And i already have
> one. I would like to know Howto boot my
> machines(nodes) using the network, I would like that
> turning on my master node the slave nodes
> automatically wake. What can I do? or, where can I
> find more information?

you can add a script in your rc.local that make a series of call to
ether-wake. Your nodes must be wakeable by network but most of new
computers are able to do it.
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager
43 rue d'aboukir 75002 Paris
Phone Number : +33 (0) 1 40 41 17 94
Fax Number   : +33 (0) 1 40 41 92 00
Web site     : http://www.mandrakesoft.com