Turn on nodes through the network

Yudong Tian yudong at hsb.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 3 10:30:47 EST 2003

WOL (Wake on LAN) will do the trick. If your NIC cards support
WOL, your BIOS lets you turn it on, your nodes have decent power
supplies, and your network switches
behave normally, then you can let your master node to turn on
the slave nodes automatically. You can turn them on
one by one in whatever sequence you desire.

Falun Dafa: The Tao of Meditation (http://www.falundafa.org)
Yudong Tian, Ph.D.  NASA/GSFC  (301) 286-2275