Buying a Beowulf Cluster (Help)

John Bushnell bushnell at chem.ucsb.edu
Tue May 27 16:26:59 EDT 2003

I would strongly suggest knocking on a few doors where you're
at and finding some local cluster folks.  There have got to be
some people maintaining clusters at your University.  If nothing
else, you will have company during your misery.  And they can
probably clear up a lot of your questions over a couple mugs of
coffee.  As soon as the word "Beowulf" came out of my mouth while
talking to someone who had built one, I immediately discovered
some fundamental misconceptions I had and modified my plans.

     - John