question on beostat

Shaohui Liu sliu at
Fri May 23 09:29:29 EDT 2003

I am beowulf newbie running a basic version of scyld beowulf on a 9 node
cluster. Here is the OS:
Linux beowulf1 2.2.19-12.beo #1 Tue Jul 17 17:10:45 EDT 2001 i686 unknown

The slave nodes were started with default CDs. I was able to run a few
application with parallel processing. But I could not see any changes on the
monitoring pgm. If I ran beostat cmd, I only get see information of node -1,
1 and 3, while all other nodes were unaccessible (even with -N option).

Can anyone know why? How can I see the resources on each node?

Thanks in advance