Platform adopts DRMAA? [WAS: Re: GridEngine API]

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Mar 31 14:14:07 EST 2003

Hello!

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 23:24, Ron Chen wrote:
> GridEngine recently provides a high level API that
> confirms to the DRMAA 1.0 standard. PBS will also use
> the same API. You can download the spec from:
>
> http://www.drmaa.org/
>
> Something more interesting! Platform throws away its
> own API and joined the DRMAA camp.

You've mentioned this twice but I've not seen any mention of Platform at
the above link nor at http://www.gridforum.org/3_SRM/drmaa.htm. The
closest I've found is that the PDF for GGF7 thanks Platform (among
others). Also, a search of Platform's site for DRMAA yields no results
and none of the press releases clustered around GGF makes any mention of
it.

Can you (or anyone) point to something more specific indicating that
Platform is adopting DRMAA (and hopefully providing an estimated
timeline =)?

Thanks!

--j, an LSF user.
--