Cheap 8 port GigE switch for home - update

Doug Shubert wiseowl at accessgate.net
Mon Mar 31 10:51:27 EST 2003

Jeff,

I had purchased one of these last week for testing.
So far, I like the switch.
The Gbit NIC's are Intel 1000 T and MT 32 bit PCI.

One concern I have had is that on occasion I get a PXE boot failure.
The error message is from the NIC not linking up to the switch.
I suspect that my home made Cat5e patch cable are to blame,
so I have a set of Cat6 cables on order.

Doug