rtl8139-diag program.

Donald Becker becker at scyld.com
Tue Mar 18 08:39:50 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 Nicolae_Popovici at mksinst.com wrote:

>    What I need to do is to see the speed of my network card.

Use 'mii-diag'
It will describe the current negotiated or sensed speed and duplex

>   I am trying to use the rtl8139-diag program but I need more information

The 'rtl8139-diag' program may be compiled with "libmii.c" which
is also used in 'mii-diag'.  But I doubt that you need that much detail...

> about the rtl8139 eeprom configuration and registers.

The configuration EEPROM does impact the transceiver settings, but
 - the defaults are always the correct values to use
 - some of the settings are very obscure (e.g. the "twister"
   parameters that configure the signal levels and echo cancelling which
   vary for each individual board)

Donald Becker				becker at scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993