sound card stuff

Donald B. Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Fri Mar 14 12:18:48 EST 2003

I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about :-)
but I think you'll find the the RME Hammerfall cards will do everything that
you want and they are well supported under linux. (but not cheap!)

Home page...
http://www.rme-audio.de/english/index.htm

Some clock sysnc stuff ...
http://www.rme-audio.de/english/hammer/allfeat.htm

They have nifty things like
"Input 3 x optical (TOSLINK), 1 x coaxial (Cinch), internal (CD-ROM/Sync-In),
word clock (BNC)"
and
"  Output 3 x optical (TOSLINK), coaxial (Cinch), internal (Sync-Out), word
clock (BNC)"

Hope this helps.
(and if you buy a bunch of them and have more than you need I would be happy
to accept one as a donation to my fledgling home studio :-)

Best regards to all
-Don