Parallel optimization algorithms and implementations

Brian.M.Ironside at Brian.M.Ironside at
Tue Mar 11 11:40:57 EST 2003

Hello All,
     I've been searching for resources on the topic of parallel algorithms
for function minimization, and existing implementations of such algorithms.
So far, I've come up with very little. I was hoping someone on this mailing
list might be able to point me in the right direction. From what little
research I've done into serial minimization algorithms, there certainly
seems to be room in a number of algorithms for speed-up through parallel
computation, and I'd love to know if anyone was done anything with this.
     Brian Ironside