energy costs

Helms, Scott A HelmsScottA at uams.edu
Mon Mar 10 21:14:39 EST 2003

When I was getting hardware bids, I asked about kilowatts per gigaflops, and they pretty much seemed to think that I'd slipped a gear.  I have kept my number of nodes pathetically few intentionally because I don't want to have to feed a mammoth machine on my own nickel if I get kicked out of my lab for some reason.  I may go as high as ten nodes, but any advancement after that will be done by replacing motherboards/cpu's.  Just thought I'd throw in my two cents' worth.  That's about all I've got left after buying hardware. ;-)