Building a beowulf with old computers

Rocky McGaugh rocky at
Mon Mar 10 11:16:08 EST 2003

With such limited resources, i'd probably look at Debian. It would
probably have a bit larger learning curve. It is a "small install; grow
as you need" type system.

I'll assume this is just for "fun". To get started, all you really need is
SSH, mpich, and maybe Ganglia for monitoring.

Rocky McGaugh
Atipa Technologies
rocky at
rmcgaugh at
1-785-841-9513 x3110
perl -e 'print unpack(u, ".=W=W+F%T:7\!A+F-O;0H`");'