32-port gigabit switch

Felix Rauch rauch at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 10 07:30:58 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Rogerio Luiz Iope wrote:
[...]
> I suppose, however, that it's not a good idea to simply
> link-aggregate them, because in that case it would not be an
> interconnect topology with full bisection bandwidth.

Don't forget that even expensive, large switches do not necessarily
offer full bisection bandwidth. I think I already posted a hint to a
paper of our group were we examined this property of some Fast
Ethernet networks, so I will only repeat the link here [1].

- Felix

[1] http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~rauch/#publications
    (the first paper there: "Cost/Performance Tradeoffs in Network
    Interconnects for Clusters of Commodity PCs")
Felix Rauch                      | Email: rauch at inf.ethz.ch
Institute for Computer Systems   | Homepage: http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~rauch/
ETH Zentrum / RZ H18             | Phone: +41 1 632 7489
CH - 8092 Zuerich / Switzerland  | Fax:   +41 1 632 1307