Intel PRO/1000CT Gigabit ethernet with CSA

Keith Murphy keith.murphy at attglobal.net
Fri Jun 27 17:36:37 EDT 2003

There have been competitive priced low latency interconnect cards to Myricom
for some years including products from Quadrix and Dolphin.  The reason for
the lack of movement on pricing, is the high performance cluster
interconnect is still a very small market   I am sure that even in the very
best of years the total yearly quantity of low latency  interconnect cards
and switches sold, never exceeds the daily quantity of Ethernet cards and
switches sold.  Price reductions are not reflected in  Moore's law, unless
accompanied by a subsequent expotentitial leap in the size of the market.

Keith Murphy
Dolphin Interconnect
T: 818-597-2114
F: 818-597-2119