[OT] Omega Nomad OM-44

Luc Vereecken Luc.Vereecken at chem.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jun 24 13:22:12 EDT 2003

At 06:18 AM 6/24/03 -0700, Dale Harris wrote:
>Just curious if anyone has played with one of the Omega Nomad
>OM-40 family of temperature sensors:
>And got it running under Linux?  I wasn't very successful in getting
>information out of Omega about it other than that they don't support

A nice alternative are the devices by picotech
which are supported under linux and windows with drivers and logging
software. They have a  linux driver that one can access easily through
shared memory (C-example program can be downloaded). I use it to monitor
the temperature in my computer room, log it, do temperature-related
shutdowns, etc. all based on very simple perl scripts (I use the TH-03 with
3 thermistor-based temperature measurement channels for air-inlet, ambient
air, and air-outlet). Nice equipment, works very well.

Luc Vereecken