[OT] Omega Nomad OM-44

Dale Harris rodmur at maybe.org
Tue Jun 24 09:18:57 EDT 2003

I realize this is kind of off topic.  But don't exactly know where else
to ask off hand.  Just curious if anyone has played with one of the Omega Nomad
OM-40 family of temperature sensors:

And got it running under Linux?  I wasn't very successful in getting
information out of Omega about it other than that they don't support
Linux.  It doesn't look like it should be too hard to do since it has a
serial access.  I thought it might be a fairly nice device for the
machine room, it's really small, put it about it anywhere.  Relatively

Dale Harris
rodmur at maybe.org