[OT] Re:GRAPE

Iwao Makino iwao at rickey-net.com
Sat Jun 21 23:55:47 EDT 2003

For those of whom interested for Grape(s) ...

There's another GRAPE(not MDGRAPE)

<http://grape.astron.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/grape/>
This is for Astronomical simulation ONLY but...
Is faster than earth simulator of NEC.

Below site talk about both
<http://www.indiana.edu/~rats/research/grapes/grapes.shtml>

At 17:19 -0700 on 03.6.20, John Bushnell wrote regarding Re: [OT]
Maximum performance on single processor ?:
>   Looking at some of the info on the Riken site who evidently makes
>these GRAPE cards, this sound like a good bet if pairwise energy
>calculations are really where most of the speedup is needed.  They
>give a peak performance for the 4-cpu GRAPE-2 as 64GFLOPS (ouch).
>Very interesting.  I've never heard of these cards.  I wonder what
>the approx. cost is?

I see MDGRAPE-2 costs shown about $17,000
#Not sure they include booster card or not.