cluster of AOD Opteron

Serguei Patchkovskii Serguei.Patchkovskii at
Fri Jun 20 21:16:44 EDT 2003

>                                                                The price
for Opteron-
> based servers is high, and price/performance ratio in comparison
> w/Xeon is not clear.

Once you start populating your systems with "interesting" amounts of memory
(i.e. anything above 2Gbytes), the price difference between dual Opterons
dual Xeons is really in the noise - at least at the places we buy. If your
charge you a lot more for Opterons, may be you should look for another