[OT] Maximum performance on single processor ?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Fri Jun 20 05:35:08 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am sorry if this query is slightly off-topic for the list.
But I guess that many people here have also experiences with
respect to my enquiry.

We are looking for the highest performance machine on single
(or very few, let's say 4) processors, because we need to run
unparallelized and/or poorly parallelized code.

Our budget is of roughly 20000 $, and a linux/beowulf platform
would be ideal.

The current top Intel x86 or AMD processors are too slow, and we
do not have access to other architectures.

Thank you very much in advance,
  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de