95/F90 compilers

Douglas O'Flaherty douglas at shore.net
Thu Jun 19 23:52:23 EDT 2003

Art:

I cite Polyhedron as a good general source for comparative data and
articles. The web site is http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/  Pay attention to
the version numbers when looking at comparisons. The PGI compiler in the
test matrix is 3.2-4 and PGI is releasing version 5.0 at the end of this
month.

I wish I knew of other broad sources. You can also search for others who
run similar applications as you do and see if they have comparative
compiler data. Don't assume that a compiler that does one application
well will also optimize a different application.

Also, don't forget to look at Math Library performance. They make a
difference.

doug