seeking citation of EP

Mark Hahn hahn at
Thu Jun 19 14:01:58 EDT 2003

> Unrelated, but a HPC shop I visited preferred the term, "naturally
> parallel".  Guess "embarrassingly" was negative.

euphemisms are usually dumb, but that's exceptionally so.
EP is no more natural than tightly-coupled parallelism (ie, the opposite of EP.)

if you care about honest, meaningful terms, use tight/loose coupling.

personally, I like EP - an allusion to "embarassment of riches", I believe,
and probably from Pfister's book.  has that ring to it ;)