power supplies

Alvin Oga alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Jun 18 16:32:23 EDT 2003

hi ya andrew

if you have access to the outside ... ( sending exhaust air outside )
than, i'd use 48v or 12 car batteries or sealed lead/acid batteries

use a dc-dc converter to drive your +12vdc atx power supply or
-48vdc atx power supply

- but these +12vdc atx power supp is expensive compared to $20 110vac atx
supply

- we're using an $5 ac adaptor to give +12vdc out and plugs into a
  custom dc-dc convertor ( $50 ) to give us about 100W atx power supply
  capacity

have fun
alvin