Opteron Large Memory Compilers?

Douglas O'Flaherty douglas at shore.net
Sat Jun 14 11:59:01 EDT 2003

Chris:

The GA release of the PGI Compiler which supports Opteron is set for
6/30. I don't know of a 'new' beta release since the Opteron launch.

There is a 2GB limit on a single data object in the beta, but larger
aggregate data sets are supported. The limit is described in the release
notes. I certainly would expect it to be changed in the 6/30 release.
Was that the issue?

There was a new beta of the Absoft Opteron compiler this month, about
which I know little.  I assume you've already tried gcc.

cheers,

doug

Douglas O'Flaherty