Opteron Large Memory Compilers?

Chris Oubre chris_oubre at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:17:01 EDT 2003

     We are looking into the feasibility of using Opterons in on
cluster.  One major issue we had when we benchmarked on them was the
lack of large memory support in the compilers we used.  We tried to run
large memory jobs on an Opteron using the Portland Compilers and found
that it would not compile jobs larger than 2 Gigs.  We contacted the
Portland Group and they responded that it was a know bug.  We haven't
tried again in a while and we were wondering if anyone knows if this has
been fixed?
     Has anyone run jobs > 2 Gigs on a Opteron?  And if so which
compiler did you use. And finally what is the current consensus on which
Opteron compiler is best for large memory jobs.

Thank you.

Christopher D. Oubre                               *
email: chris_oubre at hotmail.com                     *
research: http://cmt.rice.edu/~coubre              *
Web: http://www.angelfire.com/la2/oubre            *
Hangout: http://pub44.ezboard.com/bsouthterrebonne *
Phone:(713)348-3541  Fax:   (713)348-4150          *
Rice University                                    *
Department of Physics, M.S. 61                     *
6100 Main St.                       ^-^            *
Houston, Tx  77251-1892, USA       (O O)           *
-= Phlax=-                         ( v )           *
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org