Configuring OpenSSH 3.5p1

Daniel Widyono widyono at
Thu Jun 12 14:28:44 EDT 2003

.shosts and shosts.equiv are disabled for root (check the source, last I
checked it was hard-coded with no option).  Are you having trouble with root,
and are able to use .shosts or shosts.equiv for any other account?

Dan W.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:11:41PM -0400, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On 12 Jun 2003, John Harrop wrote:
> > ssh-agent handles the passphrase fine, but I can't seem to get
> > /etc/shosts.equiv or .shosts to work with the password.
> In most versions of ssh these days, I'm pretty sure .shosts and
> /etc/shosts.equiv is pretty much ignored in favor of the much stronger
> rsa/dsa host identification.

-- Daniel Widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania
-- Mail: CIS Dept, 302 Levine     3330 Walnut St  Philadelphia, PA 19104