Nice survey of higher end power supplies ...

Josip Loncaric josip at lanl.gov
Thu Jun 12 12:48:37 EDT 2003

Donald Becker wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Josip Loncaric wrote:
>>
>>Power factor is about 0.65 on my own machine.  I was kind of surprised
>>too.
>

> I'm shocked at that low PF.  I had believed that most modern power
> supplies had some PF correction.

Apparently not this one (Antec True430).  Power factor this low may be
related to the fact that this power supply is a bit oversized.  My
computer uses only 30-40% of the power supply peak rating.  The
oversized 430W PS came with the Antec case, but a 350W unit would have
been more than adequate.

Sincerely,
Josip