NAS Parallel Benchmarks for Current Hardware

andy andy at ideafix.litec.csic.es
Thu Jun 12 06:21:33 EDT 2003

Mikhail,

> > I am looking to put together a small cluster for numerical simulation
> > and have been surprised at how few NPB benchmark results using current
> > hardware I can find via google.
> >
>   It's common situation w/NPB (in opposition to Linpack, SPECcpu e.a.) :-(

Unfortunately, I am not sure linpack and spec reliably measure what is
important for numerical work on a beowulf.

There is some good news. I have got in contact with the group at NASA
and they have got some funding to employ someone next week for a 3 month
period to get things rolling again with the NPB benchmarks. Hopefully,
some useful numbers for current machines should soon start appearing at:

www.nas.nasa.gov/Software/NPB