Octave on Beowulf

Laurence laurenceliew at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Jun 12 02:05:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

Octave will run on any linux platform.. so that
includes all Beowulf.... I guess the question really
is will it run FASTER?

I know SciLab has PVM bindings...., for Octave.. I am
not sure if there are PVM or MPI bindings... but you
may wish to try to use some of the freely available
MPI bindings/libraries for MatLab: google Matlab MPI

Else.. if you code is not MPI/PVM parallel, that is it
is serial code, you can just use PBS/SGE/LSF to submit
your Octave jobs to the cluster....

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Laurence

 --- "RANGI, JAI" <JAI_RANGI at SDSTATE.EDU> wrote: >
Octave is Mat lab like program but free.
> Has any tried to run octave on Beowulf Cluster.
> Any hint or link will be appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Jai Rangi

=====