ideal motherboard for diskless beowulf

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Wed Jun 11 10:47:47 EDT 2003

> Finally, I'd recommend using RH 9, not 7.2, and 7.3 over 7.2 if it came
> to that.  Linux really does get better, and an essential part of
> installing ANYTHING is arranging for regular updates to fix security
> problems and bugs.  The older versions tend to get frozen out and no
> longer be aggressively updated, meaning that any vulnerabilities or bugs
> in the setup won't get fixed.

Given that RH is at version 9,
I think the current RH policy is that version 7.xx will be unsupported after
one year.

7.2 and 7.3 have End of Life dates for errata updates of 31st December 2003
http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/

I would guess you are specifying 7.2 or 7.3 due to your applications.
You should consider testing/recompiling/certifying them on a more recent
version.