PS2 cluster

Eray Ozkural exa at kablonet.com.tr
Tue Jun 10 17:32:37 EDT 2003

On Friday 06 June 2003 12:23, John Hearns wrote:
> I remember when the PS2 first came out,
> ideas were kicked around on the Beowulf list about
> clustering them and using the vector units in them
> (and using Firewire networking)

I could definitely build a really cool 2^6 hypercube with firewire hardware
but last time I checked there weren't any free TCP/IP drivers for firewire
that would support the kind of routing I'd like (could you have something
like CT routing in software?). Anybody's got the latest scoop on firewire for
linux networking?

Cheers,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>