AW: need help re: script

Rakesh Gupta rgupta at cse.iitkgp.ernet.in
Tue Jun 10 16:22:40 EDT 2003

Hi,
   A simple solution would be to create an account on the server node
and then do  a  copy of /etc/passwd /etc/groups /etc/shadow ( use rcp or
scp or ssh ) to the cleint node for creating and managing account.

  For shutdown write another script ( basically run shutdown using ssh on
the cleint ) wait for sufficient time and the shutdown the server. I have
the scripts for this and could mail you if you are interested.

Regards
rakesh

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Rene Storm wrote:

> Hi,
>

> use nis (ypserv) to manage your accounts.
> http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/NIS-HOWTO/index.html
>
> For your execution scripts you could do something like:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> # . /etc/profile for the environment, needs passwordless rsh
> NODES="node02 node01"
>
> for NODE in $NODES; do
> 	echo "---------- $NODE"
> 	rsh $NODE ". /etc/profile; $*"
> 	echo
> done
>
> If you halt or reboot your machines, this machine should be last, to execute the script on ;o)
>
> There are many tools for that out there. Take a look at sourceforge.
>
> Cu
> René

Rakesh Gupta
Research Consultant
Computer Science and Engineering Department
IIT Kharagpur
West Bengal
India - 721302
Phone: