need help re: script

Mihai Basa mbasa at incas.ro
Mon Jun 9 08:00:09 EDT 2003

Hi Norman,

I'm curious what the others will respond to your question, but here's one
answer:

http://seti.home.ro/add_cluster_user.sh

It's a script that we've used for a while (we're using ROCKS now). It
uses C3 (Cluster Command and Control) which you can get from

http://www.csm.ornl.gov/torc/C3/

- which is a great tool to have around a cluster anyhow, and pretty easy to
install. The script works ok, but isn't 100% abuse-proof. It creates users on
all nodes and sets them up for password-less ssh logins. You might actually
want to write your own script, but I hope this could help you to a quick
start.

To shutdown the nodes (once you've got C3) all you need is to type:
   cexec poweroff
...and voila, instant silence! :)

Mihai