Linux clusters for bioinformatics

Glen Otero gotero at
Mon Jun 9 21:23:46 EDT 2003

Just wanted to announce my cluster distro project, BioBrew, to the
list. BioBrew is an open source Linux cluster distribution that is
enhanced for bioinformaticists and life scientists. BioBrew automates
cluster installation, includes all the HPC software a cluster
enthusiast needs, and contains the NCBI toolkit, BLAST, mpiBLAST,
HMMER, ClustalW, GROMACS, WISE, and EMBOSS, and will be available free
of charge at

BioBrew is in late stage beta testing and will be released this month
at ClusterWorld, June 24th-26th in San Jose, where I'll be giving a
talk on BioBrew. Please drop by if you're in the neighborhood and
contact me if you'd like a free pass to get into the exhibit hall.

I'm conducting a free online presentation on BioBrew later this week.
If you'd like information on the presentation, please contact me off

Glen Otero, Ph.D.
Linux Prophet
gotero at