How to get started . . .

dajelen at att.net dajelen at att.net
Thu Jun 5 10:20:48 EDT 2003

Unfortunately (or fortunately), my experience is in programming, rather
than physics or epidemiology or another area that had domain-specific
knowledge.

I've heard of some "hard" problems that would require the use of a Beowulf-
type cluster, but don't know enough of the specifics to take it to
programming the cluster at this point (optimization isn't even close
to the table at this point.)

I mentioned becoming active on a project with the idea that I could
join something in process and learn how the tasks are identified and
how they are solved - and what methods work best to solve problem X.

How do I find a project and get to the point where I can begin to
consider the programming questions?