How to get started . . .

Mat Harris mat.harris at genestate.com
Thu Jun 5 05:38:20 EDT 2003

hi, I am in the same boat. what is a good idea for a simple trial task?

I am a 'beginner' c programmer so nothing to complex. I don't really know what i
can do to test the small collection of machines I have.

Will I have to program a certain way to get the 'cluster' effect?

cheers

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 08:25:45 +0100, Cannon, Andrew wrote:
> What sort of resources have you got? If you have a number of computers, I
> would recommend that you try networking them together and finding a task
> that they can all work on. Try using MPICH or PVM for a simple introduction
> to clustering. You will probably get lots of advice, some of it conflicting,
> some good and some bad. Search on Google etc too. The resources are out
> there.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Andy

Mat Harris                      ( ) ASCII Ribbon Campaign
mat.harris at genestate.com         X  against HTML on email
                                / \      and Usenet posts
                       *
                      .*