Large File Support for RedHat Linux 8.0 Kernal 2.4.18-14

Donald Becker becker at
Tue Jun 3 17:43:10 EDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Steve Elliot wrote:

> I am trying to find out if there is a newer version of
> the LFS rpms.  Currently I can only find the rpms for
> Kernal-2.2.12-20 and glibc-2.1 on sclyd's site.

Easy answer: we were the first commercial distribution with large file
LFS support, way back in the days of 2.2 kernel (circa 2000).

The 2.4 kernel and current C library have LFS support, thus new patch
sets are not needed.

Donald Becker				becker at
Scyld Computing Corporation
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993