Help: different kernel images for slaves - Solved

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at
Tue Jun 3 16:50:14 EDT 2003

The administrator found the solution in the source tree Release Notes
for beoboot-cm.1.4.

In the /etc/beowulf/config

    Support for multiple boot images has been added via the
configuration file.  For example:

    bootfile   /var/beowulf/boot.img  # this is the default boot image
    bootfile 5 /var/beowulf/boot2.img # Node 5 takes a different boot

    You can also supply comma separated node ranges like 5-10,100-120

Now if only this would get put into the normal documentation.  Isn't
it strange how documentation in any field seems to be the last thing
that gets completed.

Of course this is a start in the process of getting the kernel to
work.  The process does find the correct kernel on boot and thus we
are still working with only one procedure for the whole cluster.

Now to get all the other little things to work.  :)

I hope that this info will be of use for others.

Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist       Voice: 1.403.544.4762
Military Engineering Section       FAX:   1.403.544.4704
Defence R&D Canada - Suffield      Email: Robin.Laing at
PO Box 4000, Station Main          WWW:
Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8K6