ClusterKnoppix

Tue Jun 3 05:14:59 EDT 2003

    > I have a 12 dual nodes beowulf running on Red Hat Linux 8.0, but
    > you know, I have the update problem since I do not want to pay
    > the update service to Red Hat, so my question is, Does someone
    > have experience about clusters running on both Debian and RedHat
    > distributions, who can help me to decide on this issue?

Have a look at FAI, the fully automatic installation (and upgrade) for
Debian. On the FAI web pages http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/
you can find some success story of people how installed a beowulf
cluster using my tool. Updates are very simple (and for free, of
course) using apt-get.

--
regards Thomas