ClusterKnoppix

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Tue Jun 3 00:00:35 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 20:42, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> Have you tried using apt? It seems to run a day or two behind the RedHat
> updates, but it gets all the updates. Try setting a nightly cron entry to
> execute 'apt-get update; apt-get update' for all your nodes. You can find
> apt at www.freshrpms.net.

Mike, I use apt-for-rpm from Freshrpms also, and find it excellent.

Last year I also did a lot of work with Current, which is an open source
implementation of an up2date server:
http://current.tigris.org/
This could also work well for Luis.

We should also mention Yum, as Bob Brown is on the list!
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/