Cheap PCs from Wal-Mart - mini-itx - 12v

Alvin Oga alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Mon Jun 2 18:54:37 EDT 2003

hi ya ken

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Ken Chase wrote:

>   >we did lots of testing on that 12v dc-dc input to the  mini-itx mb
>   >( well, www.mini-box.com folks did all the testing and ordering of the
>   >( custom 12v dc-to-dc atx power supply

these tests were for 1-z 2-z systems .. one dc-to-dc ps for each mini-itx
motherboard in the stackable case-size of a standard cdrom

> Any numbers on the PF of these ac-to-dv (then to dc) floor-brick-with-
> power-cables xformers? I suspect this stuff isnt worth anything til you
> run it off a site-wide 12V infrastructure to get a good PF rating.

or one can operate like a colo ??
	- take 110VAC in, convert to 12V dc batteries, generate 110VAC
	to powerup the colo'd servers

or 48V dc ( like the phone systems )

have fun
alvin