Help: different kernel images for slaves.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jun 2 17:25:33 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am involved with adding some SMP machines to our small cluster and I
am trying to find out how I tell the new machines to run the SMP
kernel instead of the default in the /var/beowulf/config file.

We are running RH 9 and BPpoc.

Our present system is working with single processor boot image and the
SMP machines will boot with only one processor working.  I have
compiled a SMP kernel to test but I cannot just change the boot kernel
for all the other machines.

Presently in /var/beowulf are:
	boot.img	nodeboot.img	nodeinfo

I want to add boot_smp.img

I have not seen any documentation on configuring /etc/beowulf/config
to work with more than one boot image.

Is it possible to define which nodes boot with which kernel?

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist       Voice: 1.403.544.4762