ClusterKnoppix

Luis Fernando Licon Padilla luis.licon at yakko.cimav.edu.mx
Mon Jun 2 13:56:11 EDT 2003

John Hearns wrote:

>I saw this on Slashdot a few days ago.
>
>It is a customised Knoppix distribution, with an OpenMosix patched
>kernel, and PXE/DHCP enabled etc.
>I intend to try this out in the next few days.
>
>For those who haven't used Knoppix, it is a CD which contains a bootable
>Debian-based distribution which installs itself in memory, not touching
>the hard drive. Knoppix has excellent hardware detection, and sets up
>a good desktop. It 'just works'.
>Uses might include demonstrating a Linux desktop to friends/colleagues,
>testing if a PC can run Linux before buying/accepting it, or as a rescue
>disk for troubleshooting an already installed Linux system.
>
>John Hearns

Hi you all guys,

I have a 12 dual nodes beowulf running on Red Hat Linux 8.0, but you
know, I have the update problem since I do not want to pay the update
service to Red Hat, so my question is, Does someone have experience
about clusters running on both Debian and RedHat distributions, who can
help me to decide  on this issue?

Thanks,

Luis

--