use of gimp with a claster?!

Thomas Sinczak thomas.sinczak at wp.pl
Mon Jun 2 13:05:10 EDT 2003

Dear all,
I am new to claster world...
Up to now I have tested only openMosix - with results that do not help me...

my problem is as follows:
I have two computers:
1,8GHz Celeron with 256MB RAM and 100T Ethernet
1,26GHz PIII with 512MB RAM and 100T Ethernet

I am doing some graphics - let say 6 Mpixel photos (17MB in size raw)
that are manipulated with GIMP

and so my question is:
is that possible that the gimp will utilise the power of both computers
with the use of beowulf claster??
if yes then please show me any howto

Best Regards
ThomasS

--
____
thomas.sinczak at wp.pl
Exchange student of Osaka University, Japan - OUSSEP
Student of Technical University of Lodz, Poland - Mechatronics

----

Daddy, why is that man using Windows...?
      Do not stare at him son... - it`s impolite!

----

- join EU !
- are you jokeing??
	check the facts!!